Tuesday, August 16, 2005

For my Nokia 3310

My Nokia 3310 is broken. Yes, I'm using a model that is THAT old, yes, I found it at an archeological dig, and yes, I can SMS in Sanskrit.

I know I should be getting a new phone sooner or later, cos I've dropped this thing about as many times as Rafidah gave away AP's to her buddies, and I'm living in the year 2005. But I just have so much memories with this phone.

The endless times I've pretended to have a loud conversation on it when I'm in the train just to see the faces on the other passengers ("yeah, it was a little chunky today"); the hours I've played Snake on it when I'm bored out of my mind; the stupid useless messages I've sent to my buddies ("dude. i need ur help" "wut?" "my sinks full. can u do my dishes?" "SCREW YOU").

Yes, you will be missed, homie.

Pour a little liquor for my Nokia. May you be in the phone ghetto in the sky, in the bosom of Alexander Graham Bell.

Amen.

9 Comments:

Blogger udangstar said...

haha, that's the funniest way of saying thank you to a phone.
i see you loved that phone. =D

8:48 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Amen that ur back.

Who cares if it's ur blog an all, tulis-lah lebih sikit..can, can?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand ur feelings. i'm also a 3310 since 2000...tats 5 years. Few lines are off the screen...but life goes on.sAM

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you again, sorry about the phone, and why don't you frame it up somewhere as a reminder of your wonderful days with it? Sure it'll make a pretty odd wall ornament, but when people run out of things to say, you can point to it and tell them stories about your good ole phone. Do let us know when you get a sexy new phone... hope the old one won't get jealous.

BD

2:31 PM  
Blogger Captain Carcinogen said...

udangstar: the first one is always the special one wut. isnt it always...ah...

jackie: yes, praise be given to the almighty baal. seelah, if got time. want to blog oso have to do in early morning

sAM: tell ur phone to hang in there. hang in there! damnit, dont let go! i...uh...ok, im getting too melodramatic

BD: frame...hm...i'll think about that. btw, my phone wont get jealous, because before it died, it told me that its ok for me to find a replacement, a model that is better than it. ;)

10:11 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

ahh... same here. been using 3310 since 2001.... it still works, i can't bring myself to buy a new one because this one still OK. =)

11:59 AM  
Blogger mamat said...

This 3310 is indeed a good product. I'm using one as well, with the software upgraded to 3315, but the fonts gets a little bit smaller after that.

It's a good buy and serves well for the money spent. I don't need other stuffs like 3G and all, but could appreciate bluetooth actually.

My next one would be a PDA-phone with bluetooth tech, most probably a Nokia brand as well!

Condolences to the lost of an old pren, ur old 3310 I mean!

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ey dude at least you don't have a top-naked phone! people in my campus looks at me and goes what the fuck is wrong with you?

put at least i dont run the risk of getting my phone stolen!! i think people pity me wey... because of my phone of course! -Alex

7:51 AM  
Blogger Raksha said...

Lol. Nice. My phone's gonna die soon. When it does, I'll make sure to contact you and beg..oops..I mean ask you nicely to write an eulogy for it yeah? Hee. (^_~)v

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home